Tuesday 27 October 2009

Commissions


One of my favorite things is to do commissions for clients. Its a wonderful thing to try to bring their vision to life, and in your own way, and so that they love the finished painting! This time, I stretched myself, working in a medium I'd not touched in years.....and am so happy to say they love it! I was asked by http://www.no1ladieswebsiteagency.com/ to do this illustration for clients with a shop in St. Paul de Vence. I think, besides getting the watercolor under control again, that the biggest challenge was putting myself into the warmth and light of the Cote d'Azur, in the middle of a very wet, typical Glenfinnan autumn - complete with rapidly failing light! I put on movies about or taking place in Provence, looked at as many photos of the area as I could, and tortured myself by "living" in the Cote d'Azur when outside it was raining cats and dogs! Ah well....its a good thing I've a very vivid imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment